• part time cosmological avatar and possible high functioning sociopath
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
  • R.eality I.s P.erception
    • View Profile
GW
« on: November 22, 2009, 08:16:28 AM »
anyone here play Guild Wars?
i can only please one person a day. Today is NOT your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either...

Offline Arthur_Seomun

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: GW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 03:16:14 PM »
yup, I do, through its the Nightfall version that I'm on.

Offline swarmofcats

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 12:55:55 PM »
I have the original game and Eye of the North.  I took my necro/mesmer about half-way through the expansion campaign.  Every once in awhile I go back to it, but it's one of those games where I just don't understand all the little details enough to really get into it.  I suck at PvP so I just spam buttons without really thinking about what I'm doing, and I have to follow along on the GW wiki in order to complete quests without getting lost or losing track of what I'm doing.  (And even with a guide to follow it's still no guarantee that I'll finish it.)

I've played a lot of RPGs, but I think I got into GW waaaay too late to enjoy it fully.  It's weird, I try to get into it but always end up confused reading forums about the game trying to figure out some sort of direction to take my character in.

Oh, and one really big thing that holds me back is that I don't own Nightfall or the other expansion, so a lot of the builds I read about I just can't do because I don't have access to the skills they need.  I figure I'll pick up GW2 as soon as it comes out, though, because I did enjoy fumbling around in GW1 even if I didn't accomplish anything noteworthy.

Offline Arthur_Seomun

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 02:42:32 PM »
I'm slightly the same. Only went and bought Nightfall as it caught my fancy and since buying it I've only gotten into for a few days, got bored of it, then some time later I got into it. But I think its mostly down to simply being unable to get enough time or understanding the entire Guildwars universe well enough.

Offline faelaenx

• part time cosmological avatar and possible high functioning sociopath
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
  • R.eality I.s P.erception
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 03:38:04 PM »
well, i've been playing off and on for 3 years now and i know what you guys mean about needing to know what's going on... i'm 'behind' more than most for the time i've played, but meh, i do it because i enjoy it. i found a Guild with a few peeps i've known for a few years and they are quite laid back about the game - unlike most HC gamers - and i, personally really only PvE, but have a great time with others
i can only please one person a day. Today is NOT your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either...

Offline tRiCkHaTT

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 05:35:06 AM »
~All expansions/UAX...R12 Kurzick...R10 Hero...currently working on 'God Walking'...ecto farmer extraordinaire...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 07:01:37 AM by tRiCkHaTT »
...where there is a whip~there is a way...

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 06:47:08 PM »
Gotta say, ive seen some previews for Guild Wars 2 and it looks pretty awesome. I might get it, especially since I dont have to pay a monthly fee for it.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline tRiCkHaTT

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 10:16:17 PM »
~exactly^^...get your ppl ready...I'm predicting 'best game' across the globe...

Offline xeno

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 12:23:48 AM »
How is it PVE wise? I've avoided it so far since I've had the impression it's very PVP'ish...

Offline tRiCkHaTT

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 03:43:01 AM »
How is it PVE wise? I've avoided it so far since I've had the impression it's very PVP'ish...

~knowing Anet, it's going to be great PvE as well...this is their baby...
 If you would have kept up with GW1, you'd know what im implying...
 and I'll say again >GW2 WILL BE BEST GAME ACROSS THE GLOBE!

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/

~and ppl still say WoW is better...freakin joke
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:46:50 AM by tRiCkHaTT »