Author Topic: Second Lifers?  (Read 14014 times)

Offline LauraEss

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
Second Lifers?
« on: December 02, 2009, 05:55:59 AM »
No one on Second Life here?
Laura S

Offline Leviathan

• Cybernetic Grunt
  • Apathy or Indifference? Who knows; who cares?
    • View Profile
Re: Second Lifers?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 05:42:35 AM »
Mmmmm...spam for breakfast
My level of respect for a person is determined by how much they are willing to endure for what they believe in.

Offline LauraEss

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 06:19:25 AM »
Mmmmm...spam for breakfast

I prefer cereal myself. I take it you don't consider SL to be a game?
Laura S

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 03:05:29 PM »
I sorta miss the part where it becomes a game. To me, its more a very advanced chatroom with a whole heap of useless visualization.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline LauraEss

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 03:34:25 PM »
I sorta miss the part where it becomes a game. To me, its more a very advanced chatroom with a whole heap of useless visualization.

You must have gotten real bored with it then. To me, that describes Lively and New Lively more than SL. Chatting can be a part of it, it's more like an MMOG without any real objectives. I think the key to sticking with SL is finding things in addition to chatting to keep one coming back. Lots of folk get into the role playing aspect, others develop relationships there and others do things like run businesses, educational projects and research, make machinima or even (like I do) web comics with it. Others become griefers and their game is to upset the other users.

I first got into streamed music via SL. Dancing at a club (i.e. having your avatar wriggle about repetitively while they stream music in the background) when I wondered where the music came from.

Mind you, some of the role playing can get out of hand. There's several vampire RP systems there but some just bite you first and ask if you want to play afterwards. Very annoying, because if I did want to play, I'd be a slayer like Faith (from Buffy) rather than a vamp.
Laura S

Offline _vaska_

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 04:30:11 AM »
Hah! I thought Lively! R.I.P. in beta.

There was my favorite place in SL - Club Necropolis in Dark Eternity (August 18th, 2007 - December 5th, 2008). I miss the place very much. There was DigitalGunfire broadcasting on the background. The first time I heard DG there.

Offline LauraEss

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 04:44:10 AM »
Used to go to a club Necropolis in RL. had good times there, but long gone now...

Laura S

Offline Mendoza

• I haz Cookie!
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Digital Soldier
  • I wonder if i can blow up that button, too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 10:17:39 PM »
To get back to the topic:

i have DG playing in my sandbox, the simname is mobit if anyone wants to visit :D
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCM/CS d--- s++:-- a--- C++++>$ UL++ P++ L++ E(++) W+ N+@ o+++
!K w++(---) !O M-- V P- PE+ Y+ PGP++ t++@ 5+ X+++ R+ tv b++ !DI
D+++ G++ e>+++ h+ r++ !y+**
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Offline Kasimodo

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 09:05:20 AM »
On and off there since 2005 but not a regular, and rarely go clubbing. I listen to DG though whenever I'm in a place where the feed sucks.

Well SL is not a game technically, it's a virtual world. What you make of it is up to you. It's recreational though for most of the people using it, so game is probably the closest guess here.

Offline LauraEss

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 02:31:35 PM »
Heh heh - I do the same thing!
Laura S

Offline Dystopia

• Digital Grunt
  • The Scrapyard Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 06:54:39 PM »
I found DG thanks to SL. Ever since it's the only station I've streamed on land I rent. I even have DG streaming at my store in SL. I've gotten a few PM's from people asking what station it is so they could stream it or bookmark it.
The walls are burning there is no sun.

Offline Disease.of.Dysfunction

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 11:44:07 AM »
I decided to check out SL recently 0_0 it's total different. the funny part is 1/2 r wasting money for credits in the sim and the other 50% of SL users r just living off of all the free stuff in it that's available. lol So yeah and take forever to travel flying is interesting but OMG the squares for homes r endless. xD Not to mention u got to go through alot of trouble just to use a combat sim XD lag is horrific when it comes to shooting things. the griefers i ran into  the 1st day i started i heard someone mad a replicating script for shapes or something and just nuked a node or area I was wondering where the admins or Gms where and looked like they just let it happen not what i expected. :) Anyway I like the free side of it but if your in SL and could hook me up with some stuff let me know I'm still learning lol I have yet to see any industrial peeps or industrial gear just tons of fury crap. xP

Offline Mendoza

• I haz Cookie!
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Digital Soldier
  • I wonder if i can blow up that button, too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 06:35:03 AM »
your inworld name would help helping you ;D
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCM/CS d--- s++:-- a--- C++++>$ UL++ P++ L++ E(++) W+ N+@ o+++
!K w++(---) !O M-- V P- PE+ Y+ PGP++ t++@ 5+ X+++ R+ tv b++ !DI
D+++ G++ e>+++ h+ r++ !y+**
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Offline webxmusic

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 08:04:45 AM »
yes, here.. just got off of sl for 15h... but DG stays on for 24/7

Offline Dystopia

• Digital Grunt
  • The Scrapyard Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 06:51:54 PM »
If anyone wants any female skins for free I have some, though I don't know if they'd be your type of skin, but if so just PM me your SL name and I'll drop you a folder full of skins if you want them.

There's a few stores that have industrial like gear I've seen if you want to have a look, "AVZ", "Hat Mechanic", "The Abyss", "Dirty Lynx", "dv8",  "Graves", "tonktastic" to name a few. Yeah it is kind of lacking. :(

I look at blogs for freebie, like SL Free style. Xstreet marketplace is okay too. Once in a while you find some really cool freebies. :D
The walls are burning there is no sun.

anything