Author Topic: What would you change about Digital Gunfire?  (Read 83912 times)

Ebene7

Re: What would you change about Digital Gunfire?
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2007, 04:28:07 PM »
the actual playlist !!!

Offline Menschenfeind

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2007, 08:30:08 PM »
Nothing! It's great as it is. Iv'e only listened for a couple of weeks and the sheer quality and vesatility of music has prompted me to make digital gunfire my homepage, as the first thing i do when i log on is to turn on the radio!!!

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitalgunfire.com
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2007, 08:49:38 AM »
:)
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline synthetic_creature

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2008, 03:30:29 PM »
well its a great stream.. but as is similar with most music thats played at clubs.. there is a strong lack of guitar/rock oriented crossover ebm/industrial artists in circulation.  these bands are my favorite kind of sound and seem to be kinda *taboo* to the relative goth scenes. duno why. id love to hear bands like zeromancer, sexydeath, dope stars inc, empyrean asunder, RAZED IN BLACK, kevorkian death cycle, red cell, so many other greats.

Offline Drkdzine

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2008, 07:38:39 AM »
I think the thing alot of people are not realizing by saying "I dont like the terrorcoprs and screamy music" is that is where the scene as far as industrial and noize is right now. I mean big thing right now is the Terror EBM and or Helektro. I mean what bands are getting the biggest amount of play right now? Look at the charts not that they matter but some of the biggest names out right now are bands like this. Combichrist, Reaper, HexRx, Hocico, Agonoize, Psyclon Nine, Psycho Bitch, Unter Null, Dawn of Ashes, Cyanotic and so on.. The life of the vocoder and voice distortion is what people want to hear. The melodic desire of harmony and voices is not as high a need now adays. Cept maybe to the old schoolers. I mean i love both. I mean im n a band that is Prolly one step behind what Psyclon Nine sounds like, and we have even been accused of from the lead of Dawn of Ashes stealing "his" sound. Whatever... But fact is this old rivet heads need to realize this is whats going on in this time and age. Its like any music genre it has fluctuation. And this is the flux in ebm, industrial and noize. ..... Personally I love the sound of today. I like dark sounding music. I love samples from old horror movies. and sounds of anguish and death. Im a dark person but i like alot of things. I mean it comes with the time. I think the best way i can compare this is by a radio station that came up just last year here in Atlanta. This radio decided to fix old with new. So the results came with playing old school like zepplin, the doors, and so on with like eh.. linkin park and whatever else out new today rob zombie. So in results, old school got some ideas of things that they might like, and the newbies got to hear the old school stuff our parents liked..

In the end your never gonna make everyone happy. Its just not possible in an entertainment industry. I mean i can state my dislike for bands like japaneseCARCRASH and Diverje and Seize, but Im willing to listen to it. If you dont like it .. change the channel, turn it off or dont listen..

But i mean this place plays new and old.. i mean anywhere i can hear HexRx an then Cut.Rate.Box, in the same sitting is doing good... Keep up the good work man.. Props.. i jam to you every day when i design at work.. and blare it all night to the neighbors..

PLAY on oh... DG Guru..

Offline creepster

• Don't Take It Personally
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
  • mess with the best - die like the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2008, 08:32:37 AM »
i'd change nothing about DG as i like all the music which is being played including the softer future pop stuff (maybe it is my age and im getting mellow ... not)

the thing i'd like to add about sampling movies, i think the concept is really old and worn out by now as skinny puppy were the major group doing so and as far as i can remember started the whole "trend"
by now it is getting annoying wiht the 6th band is sampling "8mm" (which wasnt really all that great of a movie to begin with) and the 11th band sampling "alien"

i don't think there's a natural evolution anymore but a it's more like a loop (or a moebius band) bringing back old concepts (with a twist)
even noize, though not listening to it much, cannot be all that fresh and innovative with old acts out there like masonna and merzbow

im not sure if shirow doesnt play it because of the limited amount of willing listeners, being aware of possibly driving regulars away or the sheer lack of RIAA unafilliated bands
there could be a trial period of an hour feature such as "new ammo" just that it's going to be that particular sound
too bad there's already a club out there in hamburg dubbed "stahlklang", otherwise that title would be most appropriate for a feature show
Theory is when you know everything and nothing works.
Practice is when things work, and no one knows why.
Here we combine theory and practice.
Nothing works and no one knows why.

modified, taken from bash.org

Offline Drkdzine

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2008, 10:16:42 AM »
agreed everyone sampling the same movie is lame.. IE "FULL METAL JACKET" .... In our music i have dug up old classics.. i dont like using samples i have heard already.. i use ones no one else has.. namely lately i have used a bunch from the prophecy trilogy

but yes creepy.. i agree with ya.. to an extent.. ;)

**Alien Samples.. AGREED!... my band mate made us use some... i hate it.. i heard them so many times..
but you are soo right on that one..
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 10:23:08 AM by Drkdzine »

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2008, 12:56:11 PM »
The thing that keeps me away from pure noise is that it is something that a lot of people can't just tune out for 4 minutes.. it is a 'wtf' type of thing.

I happen to like some noise, occasionally, but I just think.. if you really like noise, you probably already buy the CDs and have a decent collection. It's typically not something you 'don't mind'.
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline torpor

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/vasoconstricted
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2008, 04:53:14 PM »
maybe i am a lazy idiot, but my only complaint about DG is that when you log in and are on the forum page there is no link that leads you back to the main DG page after you have logged in.  granted, you can just change the url or click on your own personal links, but it would be nice, nonetheless to just click and ...
~~   www.myspace.com/marchofidesexdeus  ~~
take a listen so you have valid reasons to make fun of me

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2008, 05:13:39 PM »
I guess that could be annoying. Let me look into a simple way of fixing it.
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline Pandemonij

• Digital Grunt
  • Anatemizirana Naracija...It's Epic
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2008, 07:53:59 PM »
I think this is the BEST radio station i've ever find on the internet!!! Keep this good work! I'm a big fan of industrial music and i think this site offer 100% what my ears need to hear...excellent work...

I'm supporting you, Janez from Slovenia
Haters call me bitch, call me faggot, call me whitey...But I am something that you'll never be...

Offline EvilCouch

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Worlds Worst WebComic
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2008, 10:39:04 PM »
I guess that could be annoying. Let me look into a simple way of fixing it.
I don't know shit about how Simple Machines handles templates, but encapsulating the DigitalGunfire.com in the forum header with an anchor tag to the from would probably be the simplest. Swapping it out for the logo and still clickifying it would probably be the cleanest.

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2008, 10:00:55 AM »
Yeah, not sure if it allows HTML in those tags but I'll try it.
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2008, 10:05:18 AM »
Looks like it works but it screws up the RSS link and breaks it. I'll look for another way.
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline IxceIX

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2008, 05:02:27 PM »
im relatively new to the site so this may have been addressed in the past but my suggestion would be to mix in some older tracks with some of the more current stuff im hearing. 
perhaps some older ebm (stuff from the older labels like antler subway) or some of the older "industrial" stuff (frontline assembly, doubting thomas, schnitt acht, robotiko rejekto).

anything