Author Topic: What would you change about Digital Gunfire?  (Read 86195 times)

Offline Page

• Cybernetic Grunt
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cdpage.deviantart.com
What would you change about Digital Gunfire?
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2006, 07:27:15 PM »
Love the Fresh Ammo thing.  Love it

As for times... i'd suggest later in the evenings... but perhaps a poll to find out what the average listeners time zones are...unless you know that already.

as for the other shows, it should be as fresh ammo, played twice a week, one for each hemisphere.

Some name ideas... and other ideas... Kinda gears turning now.

Shell Shock, Rapid Fire, Full-auto for a 200+ BPM idea

Take a Pill, Pill being another word for bullet, Gun Power...or something to that effect could be for the more ambient stuff?

Full Metal Jacket would be good for the harsher stuff or Saturday night special

Recoil Tracks play the same song over, but as a remix...you could have a jingle or something for it.

can i aslo suggest you call the recently played list Shell Casings, or Brass

I know you may not be able to list the tracks that will be played...but whatever they are, they'd be refered to as your Arsenal or whats in the cartrige.

while whats playing would be one in the chamber

Am i going to far or you like any of these?

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitalgunfire.com
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2006, 08:11:26 PM »
I like the rapid fire thing more than full auto.. all good ideas! Just tying up some things here and we'll get this rolling :)
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline Jib

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2006, 09:45:11 PM »
Quote from: "Page"
As for times... i'd suggest later in the evenings... but perhaps a poll to find out what the average listeners time zones are...unless you know that already.

I am on the west coast.  I do all my listening during work so I would enjoy a show between 9-5 pst

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2006, 07:43:08 AM »
Planning, for the latest music show at least, to do 1pm cst and 7pm cst on two separate days.
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline rskm1

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2006, 09:54:29 PM »
Digital Gunfire "Reloaded" - an hour of classic EBM & Industrial

(songs originally released, say, pre-1996, but could include newer remixes of them)

Offline Page

• Cybernetic Grunt
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cdpage.deviantart.com
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2006, 09:21:53 PM »
Reloaded is good!

Rskm1, i like youir ideas!

I just thught of another name for old tunes.

:wink: Analog Gunfire

Offline koggen

• Bandwidth Donator
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Digital Gunfire
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2006, 02:46:12 PM »
Reloaded sounds like an excellent good idea! Btw, please make sure that you clearly list when any specials will be broadcast, and preferably in a way that's easy for us Europeans to understand - i.e. 24-hour clock and an European time zone :-)

[edit] Oh yeah, as always, thanks for a great stream!

Offline Hal

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2006, 08:39:58 PM »
I would remove Dismantled and Imperative Reaction. I don't appreciate the angst they bring to the genre.

And "Get It Through" has been played yesterday and today. Playing now as I'm typing.

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2006, 10:28:36 PM »
Quote from: "Hal"
I would remove Dismantled and Imperative Reaction. I don't appreciate the angst they bring to the genre.

And "Get It Through" has been played yesterday and today. Playing now as I'm typing.

The exact same version? Remixes don't count
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline tynin

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2006, 02:50:51 AM »
I've been listening to DG for years now and as a person who likes both the noisy stuff (amduscia, tactical sekt, x-fusion, etc) and the more regular ebm stuff I must say the balance you have in the playlist is MUCH better than any of the other industrial streams on the web. seems they have much more crap, whereas yours is near perfection. at best i find myself only listening to maybe one crappy song every few hours which is very tolerable. if there is one thing i would like to see if your streams it would be to have it in my car... unfortunately there is nothing you can do about that one :( (I wish one of the satillite car radio providers actually served some industrial, if you could find your way into syndication that would be the best christmas present i can think of heh)

also i do like the idea of fresh ammo as well as other specific music (be it just the new stuff, or the classics) it could diffenately add another level of greatness to your stream.

as always keep up the great work! :D

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2006, 07:50:29 PM »
Quote from: "tynin"
I've been listening to DG for years now and as a person who likes both the noisy stuff (amduscia, tactical sekt, x-fusion, etc) and the more regular ebm stuff I must say the balance you have in the playlist is MUCH better than any of the other industrial streams on the web. seems they have much more crap, whereas yours is near perfection. at best i find myself only listening to maybe one crappy song every few hours which is very tolerable. if there is one thing i would like to see if your streams it would be to have it in my car... unfortunately there is nothing you can do about that one :( (I wish one of the satillite car radio providers actually served some industrial, if you could find your way into syndication that would be the best christmas present i can think of heh)

also i do like the idea of fresh ammo as well as other specific music (be it just the new stuff, or the classics) it could diffenately add another level of greatness to your stream.

as always keep up the great work! :D

I try very hard to keep the shitty songs out of the playlist, I'm glad someone appreciates it :D
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline Eisschock

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
Jingle
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2006, 07:01:48 PM »
Your website and of course your music are great :D
The only thing I´d change is your jingle.. :shock:
I think, that DigitalGunfire need a rhythmic electro sound.

:idea: Perhaps you can invite some band/musicians to create a jingle for DG :roll:

Mg
Eisschock
Eisschock-female soloproject from Germany

Offline h4ngedm4n

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2006, 03:48:14 PM »
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, as I rarely look at the forums, but would you consider maybe a monthly or bi-weekly podcast version? At my last job they blocked internet radio so I ended up downloading a bunch of music podcasts to listen to at work. Right now I am back in school and also listening to podcasts while out.  I only manage to sometimes put on digital gunfire when gaming at home now.

Besides, with the podcast format, you can highlight interesting songs without fear of overplaying them to the people that listen more often. Is the demand there?

Offline ramgarjun

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
    • http://amerispanic.com
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2006, 04:36:23 PM »
I listen to music when I study, so something very rythmic and hypnotic that is conducive towards mental focus is what I shoot for.

So far I've found the music here acceptable towards achieving my goals. Without variety it would all start to just blend into each other and end up as elevator music.
ttp://myspace.com/rayonfab

Offline Pixel

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2006, 03:14:06 AM »
I like DG as it is like most of the noisy stuff too like pzychobitch, combichrist and such allthough it might get too much sometimes but you doesn't have to change it because of that you put up some new music regularly and that's enough if you ask me :)