Author Topic: Pro-ANGELSPIT Just Give Them A Chance (It's All We Ask)  (Read 17426 times)

Offline sinaptic

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
Re: Pro-ANGELSPIT Just Give Them A Chance (It's All We Ask)
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2010, 08:53:26 AM »
I couldn't resist posting the facepalm. I know the thread has (had?) a specific focus, but the situation was just too ripe for it to pass up... apologies to Funker.

Yeah, too bad he left. I agree that he sounded intelligent and reasonable. You have to have a pretty thick skin to enjoy almost any internet forum though, (goes all the way back to the original bbs days, actually) try not to get pissed off, and ignore the obvious bait hooks. You have to look at it like a salad bar, actually: take what you want, leave the rest. Otherwise, ANY internet community is going to be miserable for you.

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2010, 09:10:11 AM »
you two are not hi-jacking this thread. i forbid it. =;P

Haha! You say that as if we have a history of it or something...

I couldn't resist posting the facepalm. I know the thread has (had?) a specific focus, but the situation was just too ripe for it to pass up... apologies to Funker.
Facepalm = win.

This thread...
Men have become the tools of their tools.
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline creepster

• Don't Take It Personally
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
  • mess with the best - die like the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2010, 09:14:54 AM »
you two are not hi-jacking this thread. i forbid it. =;P

Haha! You say that as if we have a history of it or something...

Facepalm = win.

This thread...

for a second i did not get it and was seriously wondering if you linked something wrong
and then i was "ooOOOOOOOHHHHH!"

can't help the blond
Theory is when you know everything and nothing works.
Practice is when things work, and no one knows why.
Here we combine theory and practice.
Nothing works and no one knows why.

modified, taken from bash.org

Offline FashionistState

• Digital Grunt
  • Alex Kitty will hurt you! =3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2010, 11:50:15 AM »
My god, I was just about to start this thread! XD

Back on topic... Though I love Nurse Grenade and Grind, I have to admit I'm not the greatest fan of 100%. I also feel that, should Angelspit and 100% be added, it would just lead to every song being removed. >.> (Same with Channel Hell.)
I'm fine with people not liking Angelspit...but I see so many people judging them either on their image or their most popular, pretty much 'overrated' tracks.

As It Is In Heaven has to be one of my favourite Angelspit songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncrvpF0k7hE
"A common enemy makes the best of friends...somehow the means justifies the end"

Offline uberXthug

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2010, 02:33:04 PM »
I think it is mainly the overly clean vocals. Some people hate the voices, some people hate the minimalistic beats. I always likened them to a more cyber-y Babyland, and that is praise in my eyes.

Offline Leviathan

• Cybernetic Grunt
  • Apathy or Indifference? Who knows; who cares?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2010, 12:52:54 AM »
I liked them OK.  There are some songs here that I find offensive, much more than mere annoyance.  Do you see me complaining?  No, I just silence it and go make a sandwich or go find something on youtube for a few min.  I spent one entire semester reading and analyzing websites from different terrorist organizations from Abu Sayyef jihadists in Southeast Asia making jokes about playing soccer with the heads of Christians and Jews (has a Philippino even ever seen a Jew?) and using their skulls as lanterns to Neo Nazis that praised the holocaust and daydreaming about a sequel in Utah.  Needless to say, after that what I hear on a radio station is not going to bother me.  Especially when all I have to do to stop what I don't like is ride my cursor over that little speaker icon and click.  Even as a former law enforcement officer I always thought that weed should be legal because some people just need to chill out.

Levi
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 12:56:33 AM by Leviathan »
My level of respect for a person is determined by how much they are willing to endure for what they believe in.

Offline Lunanemera

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2010, 05:46:18 AM »
Hi,
I know i'm new at the forum but could not resist to make a comment in this topic... Maybe because it surprised me that it was still up and running after so much debate... I just started listening to DG and was surprised when i searched the database that i didn't find angelspit and when I was roaming the forum i was releaved to find this topic....
So here are my 2 cents... It would be good to see angelspit on the DG playlists as they do belong to the "genre" (how i hate using that word and argument).
Especially nurse grenade and wreack havock. It was nurse grenade that persuaded my best friend to come with me to his first industrial party.

Further i would like to comment on the michael jackson comparison: It is actually pretty accurate: namely that everybody around the world was complaining about his appaerance but evrybody was buying his CD's because hey you don't see the guy while LISTENING to his music.

Kisses
Deniz

PS. excuse me for my english: I'm a dutch girl who is just plodding along and trying to get everything right but sometimes failing horribly.

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2010, 10:09:36 AM »
Hi,
I know i'm new at the forum but could not resist to make a comment in this topic... Maybe because it surprised me that it was still up and running after so much debate... I just started listening to DG and was surprised when i searched the database that i didn't find angelspit and when I was roaming the forum i was releaved to find this topic....
So here are my 2 cents... It would be good to see angelspit on the DG playlists as they do belong to the "genre" (how i hate using that word and argument).
Especially nurse grenade and wreack havock. It was nurse grenade that persuaded my best friend to come with me to his first industrial party.

Further i would like to comment on the michael jackson comparison: It is actually pretty accurate: namely that everybody around the world was complaining about his appaerance but evrybody was buying his CD's because hey you don't see the guy while LISTENING to his music.

Kisses
Deniz

PS. excuse me for my english: I'm a dutch girl who is just plodding along and trying to get everything right but sometimes failing horribly.

Oh cool, another Dutchie =D

And yeah, Nurse Grenade was a pretty good song. One of their best anyways.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline Lunanemera

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2010, 11:03:35 AM »
Jeej, nice to know i'm not the only one ;)

Kisses

Offline N0FAC3_45

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2010, 11:10:29 PM »
I love there music! Fuck the Revolution and Homo-Machinery really stand out to me.

Offline parda439

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2010, 02:52:52 AM »
ANGELSPIT... you either like them or you don't. In truth, this forum has heard from many who do not. But from the minority amongst us that actually enjoy the quirks and eccentricities of the Australian Electronic Industrial band, this station has heard little... This thread is for YOU. I am a newly active listener, sure, but in my previous thread, i was made aware that the support that was lacking in order to keep Angelspit in the play-list, was quietly and modestly somewhat unaware that they needed to speak up!!

This thread is a purely positive, pro-Angelspit thread in which people who enjoy listening to Angelspit or even just 'don't mind' hearing them come across the radio can express themselves.

The haters have been heard and heard well... this thread has NOTHING to do with these negative opinions, rather a chance for ANY Angelspit support to manifest itself.

I am going to not be too assertive in my early presence here and ask that only 3 additional Angelspit songs be reviewed. I invite everyone to visit the following youtube links and listen to these tracks. Then, providing that you do not utterly detest them, please make a quick post stating that you are not in absolute opposition to the movement for (some) Angelspit to be rightly re-instated here at Digital Gunfire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b1mbkwtta8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-vtzXbpGHw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM0HNzm8dno&feature=related

..For those of you that are STILL unsure who or what Angelspit is all about, here are some quotes from an interview on their website:

"...What does this kind of music mean to you?"

"Destroyx: We really love industrial music, because of its combination the organic and electronic- there isn’t any better metaphor for the 21st century."

"ZooG: I think the problem is that people are writing music to fit a formula or a genre, hence people saying there isn’t any art to industrial music. The important thing is it must crank and deliver power."
"...We’re just trying to write music that reflects our fucked up world…" "...We’re not defined or limited by our musical industrial genre."

Again, i am merely requesting that THREE tracks be added to the database for now, however if other listeners out there wish to suggest more Angelspit tracks, then the more the merrier.
I'll leave the rest up to you, the listeners.

Interview experts from http://www.angelspit.net/press/interviews/sonic_seducer-interview.htm

Offline parda439

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2010, 02:58:07 AM »
Just got the larva pupa coffin tank package in the post- the music's great, but the back up merch really sealed the deal for me- it seems like they truly care. or are just inundating us with beautiful patches, badges n stickers to get their name out. either way, thanks angelspit, play music in wellington again

Offline Salah

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2010, 02:27:07 PM »
I for one would love to hear some Angelspit on DG.

Offline EBM_Massacre

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2012, 03:06:04 PM »
I like these guys but since the new members joined their going down hill fast!

anything