Author Topic: Pro-ANGELSPIT Just Give Them A Chance (It's All We Ask)  (Read 18799 times)

FunkerMattiis

Pro-ANGELSPIT Just Give Them A Chance (It's All We Ask)
« on: March 16, 2010, 04:22:11 AM »
ANGELSPIT... you either like them or you don't. In truth, this forum has heard from many who do not. But from the minority amongst us that actually enjoy the quirks and eccentricities of the Australian Electronic Industrial band, this station has heard little... This thread is for YOU. I am a newly active listener, sure, but in my previous thread, i was made aware that the support that was lacking in order to keep Angelspit in the play-list, was quietly and modestly somewhat unaware that they needed to speak up!!

This thread is a purely positive, pro-Angelspit thread in which people who enjoy listening to Angelspit or even just 'don't mind' hearing them come across the radio can express themselves.

The haters have been heard and heard well... this thread has NOTHING to do with these negative opinions, rather a chance for ANY Angelspit support to manifest itself.

I am going to not be too assertive in my early presence here and ask that only 3 additional Angelspit songs be reviewed. I invite everyone to visit the following youtube links and listen to these tracks. Then, providing that you do not utterly detest them, please make a quick post stating that you are not in absolute opposition to the movement for (some) Angelspit to be rightly re-instated here at Digital Gunfire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b1mbkwtta8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-vtzXbpGHw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM0HNzm8dno&feature=related

..For those of you that are STILL unsure who or what Angelspit is all about, here are some quotes from an interview on their website:

"...What does this kind of music mean to you?"

"Destroyx: We really love industrial music, because of its combination the organic and electronic- there isn’t any better metaphor for the 21st century."

"ZooG: I think the problem is that people are writing music to fit a formula or a genre, hence people saying there isn’t any art to industrial music. The important thing is it must crank and deliver power."
"...We’re just trying to write music that reflects our fucked up world…" "...We’re not defined or limited by our musical industrial genre."

Again, i am merely requesting that THREE tracks be added to the database for now, however if other listeners out there wish to suggest more Angelspit tracks, then the more the merrier.
I'll leave the rest up to you, the listeners.

Interview experts from http://www.angelspit.net/press/interviews/sonic_seducer-interview.htm

Offline diseased

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Pro-ANGELSPIT Just Give Them A Chance (It's All We Ask)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 06:01:03 AM »
I'll add my vote here. 100% is a great song. Also like Juicy and Wolf - both from Krankhouse

Offline swarmofcats

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 12:00:36 PM »
I love them.  Each song they do is unique sounding from the next.  Their albums are memorable and their lyrics are creative, clever, interesting and FUN.  Very awesome what they do, they are moving electro-industrial music into places it has never gone before.  Noisy dance music with attitude and great hooks, I can't get enough of it.

While I don't agree with the entire list that follows, it's good to see that we are not alone in our appreciation of Angelspit's music:  Re-Gen Magazine--Hideous and Perfect best album of 2009

Offline thinkingthing

• Cybernetic Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 04:37:41 PM »
Not a fan of the band, except for one song: Juicy. It oozes rusty slime, the lead vocalist just nails everything, the rhythm is funky and brooding. It just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the tracks off Krankhouse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssyWiarVOi4&feature=related
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 04:41:09 PM by thinkingthing »

Offline sinaptic

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 08:31:29 PM »
I like quite a few of their songs (Vena Cava and Skinny Little Bitch being a couple of my favorites) so I'll throw my vote in too.

Offline Sensation

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 10:34:38 PM »
<3 their music 100% & Get Even are my favs.

Offline Gurbo

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 11:18:16 PM »
I had a chance to see them open for KMFDM and was not impressed at all.  All their songs sounded the same, she looked too much like Sailor Moon and his prosthetic mohawk was more than comical. I even ran into them signing at the merch table and he talked down to everyone. Really didn't make me want to be a fan.

FunkerMattiis

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 12:04:17 AM »
Those listed are all great tracks. I would be glad to witness any and all of those songs being added to DG's database. Honestly, how could a band that creates songs that 'ooze rusty slime', not be fitting to this station?? :P 

Gurbo, firstly that comment was not wanted, nor needed on this thread. Secondly, judging them based mostly on their appearance and demeanor is hardly relative to whether their music should be added to a radio playlist... (Take Micheal Jackson for example)

A plea to those undecided:

Angelspit has been described (in the Re-GenMagazine article above) as "the new school of hard electro and industrial"; so don't get bogged down in the old-school. Old school is fine - old school great even but do make a little room for the music to grow and move in slightly less conventional directions.

Offline Pyramid_Head

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 10:32:19 AM »
look we gave them a chance, it was something new, we tried it and they really didnt recieve any support when their existance on this site was threatened some song just really not good, channel hell and others from Angel Spit ruffled enough feathers to get them removed so I say leave them off as they have been voted on already and subsequently voted off
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Offline creepster

• Don't Take It Personally
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
  • mess with the best - die like the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 11:03:38 AM »
look we gave them a chance, it was something new, we tried it and they really didnt recieve any support when their existance on this site was threatened some song just really not good, channel hell and others from Angel Spit ruffled enough feathers to get them removed so I say leave them off as they have been voted on already and subsequently voted off

c'mon ... this thread was dedicated for angel spit supporters only, as there's enough other threads we can tag along to voice our aversion of this band
(same goes for gurbo, who as a first time poster and newb did not bother to have a look around and just trudged right into it)

as much as i swallowed down bile reading the glorious reviews of swarmofcats (nothing personal) and almost lost my coffee, i still think this is not the right place to interfere with the original intention of this thread

..... whom am i kidding?
no thread ever remains on topic
you would be delusional thinking it wont ever get highjacked or perverted at some point, funkermattiis
and since i am at it ... i do not see how the comparison to michael jackson works out in this conext
(may i also add that i admit freely of being highly judgmental and therefore make up my mind about people based on their appearance and demeanor, which may or may not change depending on giving myself the chance to correct my initial point of view)
Theory is when you know everything and nothing works.
Practice is when things work, and no one knows why.
Here we combine theory and practice.
Nothing works and no one knows why.

modified, taken from bash.org

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 11:20:59 AM »
Are we really all going to act like fucking n00bs and bash Angelspit in a topic dedicated for the support of angelspit? Seriously, if you dont like them, dont post here. Shouldnt be that hard right?

@Pyramidhead, that was months ago, they didnt receive any support then. That obviously changed since they got support now. Start another 'I hate Angelspit' thread to make sure they dont come back. That or dont bother about a few songs.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline Pyramid_Head

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 11:22:49 AM »
this is a forum, which means its a topic open to debate, to say that this thread is dedicated to the airing of only one side of an argument is rediculous, then it would not be a public thread, if opposition to this thread were not allow to voice their oppinions then it would appear that angel spit would have a disproportunate ammount of support than they actually do, and im sure we dont want a slew of exclusive posts clogging up the forums, i agree with the right to post what ever here but i dont feel that you can be exclusive to who has the right to chime in on a subject
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 11:30:01 AM »
this is a forum, which means its a topic open to debate, to say that this thread is dedicated to the airing of only one side of an argument is rediculous, then it would not be a public thread, if opposition to this thread were not allow to voice their oppinions then it would appear that angel spit would have a disproportunate ammount of support than they actually do, and im sure we dont want a slew of exclusive posts clogging up the forums, i agree with the right to post what ever here but i dont feel that you can be exclusive to who has the right to chime in on a subject
Yes but having a topic where everyone asked about removing Angelspit made it seem like the entire world hates Angelspit. And Im pretty sure there are quite a lot of people who do like Angelspit.

And actually, you can make a topic exclusive. If the topic is about talking about the positive sides of whatever, people coming with negative views on said topic arent welcome. Say this was just a topic about Angelspit in general, then yes, you would have all the right to tell the entire world you think Angelspit is garbage. But since the topic is specific, you are going off topic, thereby derailing the thread with what could be considderd spam and thats generally against forum rules.

Yeah I know, I think to much about these kind of things.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline mikepowell512

• Cybernetic Grunt
  • Always hardcore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 11:42:22 AM »
Yes but having a topic where everyone asked about removing Angelspit made it seem like the entire world hates Angelspit. And Im pretty sure there are quite a lot of people who do like Angelspit.

And actually, you can make a topic exclusive. If the topic is about talking about the positive sides of whatever, people coming with negative views on said topic arent welcome. Say this was just a topic about Angelspit in general, then yes, you would have all the right to tell the entire world you think Angelspit is garbage. But since the topic is specific, you are going off topic, thereby derailing the thread with what could be considderd spam and thats generally against forum rules.

Yeah I know, I think to much about these kind of things.

I agree with you, Lexus.

If I create a topic where I would enthuse myself by some band or thing, I wouldnt be very gratified by negative opinions..

The same thing could be said in more mild way..
Live your life according to your own rules.

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 02:07:59 PM »

In general, I would agree with your side of this, and I agree with your motive. But FunkerMattiis specifically, respectfully, and constructively requested that this particular thread be about support for Angelspit while at the same time acknowledging that many listeners hate Angelspit. I can assure you that Shirow, who is ultimately the man behind the curtain, is well aware of how much you and others don't like this band.

I really don't like them either, but, and I can't believe I'm saying this, I'm not opposed to having them reinstated. I'll support Funkermattiis because he's actually presenting a reasonable argument in a civil manner and there is a demonstrated acceptance of Angelspit in the scene, if not as much on DG.

Men have become the tools of their tools.
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting