Author Topic: Festival Kinetik from May 19 to 22, 2011 in Montreal  (Read 10510 times)

Offline shadows_illuminated

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
    • My myspace, rarely on but have lots of music references
Festival Kinetik from May 19 to 22, 2011 in Montreal
« on: June 16, 2010, 03:00:21 PM »
Just saw this from a Punto Omega facebook post.  Hopefully 11 months out will give people enough time to plan.  
Here are a couple links for the festival
www.festival-kinetik.net/
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25241991329
There is even a seperate page under discussions for a band wishlist.  
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 12:00:21 PM by shadows_illuminated »

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Festival Kinetik from May 19 to 22, 2011 in Montreal
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 01:06:00 AM »
My roommates went to kinetic festival this year.  They had a great time. 
Men have become the tools of their tools.
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 08:57:53 AM »
Bump.

I think I am going to try and go next year. I know my roommates are. Anyone else?
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 05:05:02 PM »
Id love to go there, but Montreal is soooo far away for me. And Im just a poor student who cannot possibly pay for a plane ticket to the other side of the world. So I guess Ill pass on this one.

Ill just go to the Summer of Darkness in Utrecht, much closer for me, and they usually got a whole bunch of awesome bands playing.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 01:48:52 PM »
If I win the lottery I'll pay for everyone to go.
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 03:22:13 PM »
If I win the lottery I'll pay for everyone to go.

If I believed in a God I would be praying on my knees right now for you to win that lottery. Damnit, it sucks to be an Atheist at times like this.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 04:06:51 PM »
I don't actually ever play the lottery. I will, however, buy a ticket this week for giggles.

If I win, everyone goes to kinetik!*

*Not everyone goes to kinetik. Subject to the whim of drewthetexan as to whether drewthetexan would pay for someone to go to kinetik. Offer may be revoked at any time. Terms subject to change without notice. No agreement actually expressed or implied to pay for tickets, including but not limited to airline tickets, festival tickets, parking tickets, bus tickets, train tickets, boat tickets, cruise tickets, event tickets, show tickets, miscellaneous tickets, tickets unnamed herein, or other tickets. Does not include hot dogs. Does not include alcohol. Does not include hotel, motel, or room and board of any kind. Offer not good in the lower 48 states or where void by some legal bit that drewthetexan may not know about. Offer not good where subject to strange or otherwise accepted international law or other circumstances that would ordinarily preclude giving away free things to strangers over the internet in foreign countries. Drewthetexan genuinely expresses the desire to have digital gunfire fans meet at the kinetik festival but cannot in anyway make promises to fund such a meeting. In the very unlikely event that Drewthetexan wins the lottery, financial arrangements may be made to assist such a gathering of digital gunfire fans, but no promises, agreement, or anything of any sort in any way whatsoever, even what might be misconstrued as a promise, agreement or guarantee of financing such a gathering is void, null, and deemed invalid.
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 04:15:51 PM »
I think I will go with 9-54-32-13-11-45 for Wednesday's drawing.

My thoughts are that they would be statistically more likely to be drawn, seeing as how they are the least frequently drawn numbers in the last 4 years.
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 04:25:22 AM »
I don't actually ever play the lottery. I will, however, buy a ticket this week for giggles.

*Not everyone goes to kinetik. Subject to the whim of drewthetexan as to whether drewthetexan would pay for someone to go to kinetik. Offer may be revoked at any time. Terms subject to change without notice. No agreement actually expressed or implied to pay for tickets, including but not limited to airline tickets, festival tickets, parking tickets, bus tickets, train tickets, boat tickets, cruise tickets, event tickets, show tickets, miscellaneous tickets, tickets unnamed herein, or other tickets. Does not include hot dogs. Does not include alcohol. Does not include hotel, motel, or room and board of any kind. Offer not good in the lower 48 states or where void by some legal bit that drewthetexan may not know about. Offer not good where subject to strange or otherwise accepted international law or other circumstances that would ordinarily preclude giving away free things to strangers over the internet in foreign countries. Drewthetexan genuinely expresses the desire to have digital gunfire fans meet at the kinetik festival but cannot in anyway make promises to fund such a meeting. In the very unlikely event that Drewthetexan wins the lottery, financial arrangements may be made to assist such a gathering of digital gunfire fans, but no promises, agreement, or anything of any sort in any way whatsoever, even what might be misconstrued as a promise, agreement or guarantee of financing such a gathering is void, null, and deemed invalid.

XD, I didnt know you where a lawyer Drew :P
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 08:47:30 AM »

XD, I didnt know you where a lawyer Drew :P

LOL, lotto winners find that they have more friends and family than they remember.
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 10:10:25 AM »
So true.

Guess fine print is the best way to ensure no liability or responsibility complaints.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 01:50:22 PM »
My numbers are:

I'm playing 5 times in tonight's lotto.  So, there's my fool-hearted attempt to get Lexus to Kinetik. My odd of winning are 5 in 25.8 million. 
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline Dervish

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 03:34:36 PM »
Best use of lottery winnings.

Ever.

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 09:54:48 PM »
Winning numbers were: 6,31,33,34,35,37

gay.
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 02:11:26 AM »
Winning numbers were: 6,31,33,34,35,37

gay.
Awww, oh well, its the thought that counts :P

And Ill just have to find another way to get there if ever. Or you guys should just all come to the Summer of Darkness festival in Utrecht.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

anything