Author Topic: Suggest some music!  (Read 255142 times)

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Suggest some music!
« Reply #465 on: August 18, 2010, 03:28:46 PM »
YADE
God please no! Ive heard his stuff, and I admit, the music is nice but the lyrics are seriously the cheapest and most cliche Ive ever heard.

Music is definitely up to par. I probably wouldn't have given any thought to the lyrics, but because Lexus made the observation, I had to laugh when he started spelling "amphetamine"  over and over.

Men have become the tools of their tools.
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline mnemon

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 18, 2010, 04:59:19 PM »
YADE
God please no! Ive heard his stuff, and I admit, the music is nice but the lyrics are seriously the cheapest and most cliche Ive ever heard.

Music is definitely up to par. I probably wouldn't have given any thought to the lyrics, but because Lexus made the observation, I had to laugh when he started spelling "amphetamine"  over and over.

I rarely pay any attention to the lyrics so i guess i'll defer to your judgement.

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 18, 2010, 10:46:17 PM »
YADE

I rarely pay any attention to the lyrics so i guess i'll defer to your judgement.

I don't typically pay much attention to the lyrics either. Only because Lexus expressed his opinion did I really listen to what was being sung, and that particular song struck me as funny because of it.

Still, good musical content and great production quality.
Men have become the tools of their tools.
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline xeno

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 19, 2010, 11:05:50 AM »
Just discovered Dead When I Found Her - Harm's Way. It's an incredible album, songs getting better and better out through the album though...

Anyway, favourite song is Lost House
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 12:21:17 PM by xeno »

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 19, 2010, 03:08:52 PM »
YADE

Usually I dont listen or even understand the lyrics, but these where particular clear. They just reminded me of some angsty goth teenager trying to be all dark and dangerous in his songs. But hes just so blatantly obvious about his attempts of trying to do it, it just sounds very silly. And they are pretty cliché as well.

I mean a whole song about how hes gonna hunt down some sexy girl in a creepy forest with cliché lines like 'Im the hunter and you are my pray'. <_<

Ive gotta agree though, if his lyrics werent so bad I would have loved him. The music itself is very good and so is the sound quality. 
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline wysiwyg

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 19, 2010, 05:20:01 PM »
The group "Any Questions?" sounds alot like older Front Line Assembly to me. Lots of industrial sounds and samples, songs about extinction and war, etc. I just stumbled on them today. Their tracks don't really stand out individually to me but I think they might be good to add to the mix.

Their albums are "Death", "Death (Special Edition)", "Mutation", and "Prey For Death (Special Edition)". Sense a theme? :-)

Their label is the Pennsylvania based Floating Fish Studios which was a hell of a lot easier to Google for than "Any Questions?".

Some videos:
In Dreams
Strafing Children
Evolution (Live)
2010 New Year's Improv (live)
Youtube home page for Ttam Troll

Some samples here too:
http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/AnyQuestions

Offline Murmur

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 19, 2010, 09:40:43 PM »
Hey I'm new here, but I love industrial music, and Dope Stars Inc. are one of my favorite bands and I don't see them in your music library, so my suggestion is to add them!

Offline dishroom_princess

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 23, 2010, 12:40:33 PM »
Perhaps some Ego Likeness?

Offline Headhunter

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 26, 2010, 09:49:33 PM »
I know that the Dawn of Ashes' album "The Crypt Injections" is part of the DG Database, but I am missing the song "Where Angels Die" from that album in the database. It's my personal favorite from that album, so it can't be -that- bad, right? :P

Please give it a listen and see if it can be added? Thanks.

After their "directional switch" towards Metal, they are apparently releasing their new album very soon. It will probably be excellent according to metal standards, but I will never get over the shock of them leaving the Industrial scene.

Offline eEL

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
    • dARkBRAiN design & illustration
« Reply #474 on: August 27, 2010, 09:24:32 AM »
but when was DAWN OF ASHES ever "industrial"?
i own 2 of their albums and like them, but it sounds like blatantly standard EBM to me...

there's not much industrial being made anymore it seeems. everything's 4/4 beats anymore...

thankfullly the latest offfering from NITZER EBB is straight-up industrial, but yea...

Offline faelaenx

• part time cosmological avatar and possible high functioning sociopath
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
  • R.eality I.s P.erception
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 28, 2010, 01:26:49 AM »
i know that Shirow can't put on compilation albums due to technical difficulties, but i'd like to make some mentions that i consider worthy of thine ears....

From Electronic Saviors:

Notes From a War - Stromkern (a strong return)

Never Say Farewell - Interface (as good as their normal stuff played)

Solar Man - Chemlab (wow, i miss these guys)

Goodbye - Bow Ever Down (ne'er heard o them before, but i dig it)

Jim, Let Me Know When You Can Drink Again - The Gothsicles (holy FUCK, i can't even express to you how much i fucking LOVE this song!)

Things Unkind - 16 Volt (They don't get enough credit for the years they've been around - are they RIAA? Have to look it up...)

Malignancy [Pancreatis Mix] - Rein[forced] (never heard of them, but good tune)

Save Your Serpent [Light As A Feather Mix] - Ego Likeness (Not familiar with them, heard the name, like the song)

Rapture - Inure (New to me, but i like it)

Endure [Encoder Mix] - Cesium 137 (another good track)

Beat It, Kill It - The Dark Clan (another new one for me)

Search and Destroy [Savior Version] - Azoic (awesome)

Version2[Aesthetic Perfection Mix] - genCAB (again, never heard of them, but with this AE/P mix...)

Malignant Disco - Prometheus Burning (fucking awesome)

From A Wasteland To A Dream - I:scintilla (need i say anything?)

Giving In To The Change [Assemblage 23 Mix] - Imperative Reaction (you've heard it and love it; now love it new)

Fear Is Fear - Xuberx (again, never heard of them, but fuck me if this track don't make me want to run and run and run and destroy something evil!)

Into The Wind - Mindless Faith (i rarely paid attention to these guys before - much to mine regret - but this got me, right in the soul)

Breaking - Deathline Int'L (signature sound with the guitars....again, why aren't they on DG? Have to look up RIAA again)

Jim's Song - Encoder (you already know them from DG, so you'll love this)

Right Beside You [Save Me Now Mix] - Vicious Alliance (once again, new to me, but loving it)

Katharsis [Purification Mix] - Nachtmahr (instrumental madness!)

The Ones [genCAB Remix] - Aesthetic Perfection (AE/P has recently become one of my top 10 bands - not to sound like a bandiot - and this mix is pretty good)

Not Me - Dismantled (another good job)

The Scalpel Song [Neoplasm Edit] - Leatherstrip (fuckin love this man. He made the ash (ash is the word for the æ)in your face)

Sleeping Beauty - Mordacious (again, new for me and loving it)

Transmission - The Atomica Project (Very Trip-Hop; fucking love it)

Supermassive Gravity [Endanger Mix] - Massiv in Mensch (let me start by saying HOOOOOOLY FUUUUCK! That got your attention? Good. Now listen to this shite. i know a few years ago there was a quandry about how MiM was not e'en worthy of being on DG. i almost, kinda agreed, having only liked a few tracks off of Menschdefekt. But team this techno/rave-esque - whate'er the fuck you wanna call it - team with some Mind.In.The.Box. and i. am. fucking. slayed. i mean, i can't believe that a modern song has made it into my top 10 of all time. YES, it's that fucking good to me, especially when you can run 5 miles to it!)

Free [Interface Mix] - SD6 (i'm liking these guys more and more)

Survival - Nolongerhuman (another new one)

Alive - Debutante (new again)

Access Denied [Rotersand Mix] - Deviant UK (fukkin love the introduction of this to mine repertoire)

Duct Tape My Heart - Freezepop (Very 80s Pop; i love it)

Jim Made Cancer His Bitch - Caustic (i love to jump around and hit inanimate shite when i hear this...thank you G-Ma, thank you so much)

Visualization - Borderlines (These guys are the best off of the DL. And perhaps one of the best on all 5. Solid lyrics, solid sound. i fukkin love it

So these are just a sample. i love every track on Survivors. But you should definitely investigate for yourself......  

« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 10:32:19 PM by faelaenx »
i can only please one person a day. Today is NOT your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either...

Offline faelaenx

• part time cosmological avatar and possible high functioning sociopath
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
  • R.eality I.s P.erception
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 28, 2010, 01:42:33 AM »
Did i mention how good Suppermassive Gravity is? No? i'm sure i did, so let me reiterate...THIS SONG FUKKKKKKKING ROCKS. Now i'm sure that all key-ing aside, you get the message.

What i'm trying to say, Shirow, is that you definitely have to add this to the DG DB. i know that there are singles out there; hell, Amazon e'en has it for a buck.

So i'll give you the buck brutha if need be
i can only please one person a day. Today is NOT your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either...

Offline xeno

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 28, 2010, 05:35:27 AM »
i own 2 of their albums and like them, but it sounds like blatantly standard EBM to me...

there's not much industrial being made anymore it seeems. everything's 4/4 beats anymore...

thankfullly the latest offfering from NITZER EBB is straight-up industrial, but yea...

Heh, the illusive "industrial" genre... :) - to be honest, it's best just forgetting about what
"true" industrial is, go with the flow and use it to describe most or all music that either is
or could be published by Metropolis, Alfa Matrix, Out of Line or Dependent.

Industrial was used first by Throbbing Gristle and their likes...  and trust me, Throbbing Gristle
sounds nothing like Nitzer Ebb... Throbbing Gristle also sounds nothing like the rest of the stuff
that is currently branded "industrial"...

Offline eEL

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
    • dARkBRAiN design & illustration
« Reply #478 on: August 30, 2010, 09:16:56 AM »

Heh, the illusive "industrial" genre... :) - to be honest, it's best just forgetting about what
"true" industrial is, go with the flow and use it to describe most or all music that either is
or could be published by Metropolis, Alfa Matrix, Out of Line or Dependent.

Industrial was used first by Throbbing Gristle and their likes...  and trust me, Throbbing Gristle
sounds nothing like Nitzer Ebb... Throbbing Gristle also sounds nothing like the rest of the stuff
that is currently branded "industrial"...

yea, i know... it's just that when i hear industrial, it usuallly means stufff that sounds like SP, FLA, NITZER, CLOCK DVA, etc.

the pioneeers (TG, EN, SPK, etc.) seeem to have beeen lumped into a subgenre callled "experimental" industrial or even "avante garde"...

genres... gottta love 'em. but i seriously would never classsify most EBM as industrial at alll. helll, it sounds more like techno than it does industrial imho.

don't get me wrong tho... i listen to alll of it and i enjoy it alll. i guesss we alll just have our own ways to classssify songs in our iTunes ;) :D

Offline brainlessymbiont

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 30, 2010, 03:03:18 PM »
im new to this site and this radio but i was looking under your music tab to see what all you had and i figured i would throw in a few that would be cool to hear. some aesthetic perfection would be awesome to hear esp. songs like fix. also neurotic fish is pretty cool, the remix to they're coming to take me away, breakdown and wake me up are all pretty awesome songs. mechanical moth is a pretty awesome one that would be really cool to hear on here also, im sure i will think of more later but thats all ive got for now