Author Topic: Suggest some music!  (Read 244875 times)

Offline mikepowell512

• Cybernetic Grunt
  • Always hardcore!
    • View Profile
Re: Suggest some music!
« Reply #420 on: May 02, 2010, 07:54:17 PM »

I accidentally stumbled upon this band named Midnight Resistance, that I think is really good.
It's fast trancy synthpop (in the style of Celsium 137) - it's a call of judgement if it fits DG or
not, but nontheless it's really good :)

http://www.myspace.com/themidnightresistance

The shitty thing which I just noticed now is that it's published through Sony :/

Also, Chris Pool has made a BlutEngel album that isn't a BlutEngel album, named "Behind the Mirror".
Mostly instrumental, more industrial sounding, and the little vocal's that are there are not the regular BlutEngel vocals... recommend you check it out...  (most songs might be a bit too calm though)
(if I heard the songs without knowing, there's no way in hell I would suspect it was BlutEngel)

Hmm.. It sounds good.. :P
I can imagine that this is playing by DG..
Live your life according to your own rules.

Offline shadows_illuminated

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
    • My myspace, rarely on but have lots of music references
« Reply #421 on: May 02, 2010, 08:08:57 PM »

I accidentally stumbled upon this band named Midnight Resistance, that I think is really good.
It's fast trancy synthpop (in the style of Celsium 137) - it's a call of judgement if it fits DG or
not, but nontheless it's really good :)

http://www.myspace.com/themidnightresistance

The shitty thing which I just noticed now is that it's published through Sony :/

Also, Chris Pool has made a BlutEngel album that isn't a BlutEngel album, named "Behind the Mirror".
Mostly instrumental, more industrial sounding, and the little vocal's that are there are not the regular BlutEngel vocals... recommend you check it out...  (most songs might be a bit too calm though)
(if I heard the songs without knowing, there's no way in hell I would suspect it was BlutEngel)

Hmm.. It sounds good.. :P
I can imagine that this is playing by DG..

I agree I like the music, nice find.

Offline xeno

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 05, 2010, 12:46:28 AM »
I guess this is kinda redundant, since it will be evaluated nontheless, but the new wumpscut
album (Siamese) is out. It's a lot better than the crap he has released for the last decade.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 09:34:58 PM by xeno »

Offline wysiwyg

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 06, 2010, 02:49:42 PM »
My random searches turned up a group called "Dissonance" which isn't in DG's database.

Have a listen to the album Dissonance by the artist "Dissonance". The track "Fade" is my favorite but there are several I like quite a bit.

Great female vocalists; no growly lyrics here! I really like their sound since I like complex arrangements.

I already like Collide, Kidney Thieves, Aiboforcen, and SD6 for female vocalists; any more suggestions for female vocalists in this genre?

edit: Dissonance web page at Hakatak.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:53:50 PM by wysiwyg »

Offline mikepowell512

• Cybernetic Grunt
  • Always hardcore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 06, 2010, 04:36:41 PM »
My random searches turned up a group called "Dissonance" which isn't in DG's database.

Have a listen to the album Dissonance by the artist "Dissonance". The track "Fade" is my favorite but there are several I like quite a bit.

Great female vocalists; no growly lyrics here! I really like their sound since I like complex arrangements.

I already like Collide, Kidney Thieves, Aiboforcen, and SD6 for female vocalists; any more suggestions for female vocalists in this genre?

Wow! Its not kinda industrial I like the most but they really extended the area of music which I like..
I higly recommend to listen this up..!
Live your life according to your own rules.

Offline xeno

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 09, 2010, 04:21:23 AM »
Absurd Minds got a new album out, "Serve or Suffer", that somehow slipped beneath my radar
until I found out today...   it's ok'ish, even though I prefer their first couple of albums.

Offline faelaenx

• part time cosmological avatar and possible high functioning sociopath
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
  • R.eality I.s P.erception
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 09, 2010, 06:33:41 PM »

In no particular order and a broad spectrum, but here are some of my personal favs....

KHZ, Zombie Girl, Android Lust, Seize, Aurora, Aiboforcen, Flesh Field, Switchblade Symphony,  Pzychobitch, Ayria, Hexedene, Meg Lee Chin, Chiasm, and Epsilon Minus just to name a few.

And now for something completely different...
(Yes, that is a Monty Python reference)
Because i love the sound of female, here's some interests...
Delerium (Semantic Spaces onward),Lacuna Coil, Massive Attack, Mono, Loreena McKennitt, Mediæval Bæbes, Lili Haydn, Lotus, Jiva Mukti, Enigma, Rhes's Obsession, Dead Can Dance (some), Faith and the Muse (some), Emilie Autumn, Hooverphonic, Portishead, In This Moment, Recoil (some), Conjure One, Lords of Acid, Morcheeba, Otep, Single Gun Theory, Vas. That's just off the top o me head...=)
i can only please one person a day. Today is NOT your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either...

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 09, 2010, 11:16:50 PM »
Ohhhhh, yeah! Lords of Acid! They are awesome XD

Also, doesnt DG already play Aiboforcen?
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline xeno

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 11, 2010, 11:56:38 AM »
Suggesting one of my old favourites, the song "Stateless" bye C-Tec (on the album "Darker").

Offline creepster

• Don't Take It Personally
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
  • mess with the best - die like the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 11, 2010, 02:47:55 PM »

it changed from "suggest-some-music" (which should be something new [you'd think]) to "i-already-listen-to-and-it-is-in-the-database-as-well-THUS-ALREADY-RUNNING-ON-DG"

like zombie girl, seize, epsilon minsu ... q.e.d.
Theory is when you know everything and nothing works.
Practice is when things work, and no one knows why.
Here we combine theory and practice.
Nothing works and no one knows why.

modified, taken from bash.org

Offline Vladimir666-13

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 11, 2010, 06:34:42 PM »
  Do they have to be signed artists or can we suggest anybody?
There is no substitute for originality.

Offline faelaenx

• part time cosmological avatar and possible high functioning sociopath
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
  • R.eality I.s P.erception
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 11, 2010, 07:26:57 PM »

Indeed, as well as several of the others i initially listed, however i was simply trying to answer the poster's specific question:

i must have forgotten that he had already mentioned Aiboforcen. i was just trying to 'suggest' some similar genre artists. Whether new or old, played on DG or not didn't seem relevant to me because how am i supposed to know who he's heard of and not. Then i decided that as much as i love the genres played on DG there are other female vocal-driven music styles that i like as well, so why might not someone else as well. So i threw some more names out that might be of interest to someone that's never heard of them.

Sure i strayed from the initial post and intent of this thread, but 29 pages later it still stays closer to topic than most do after several posts. Am i bothered? Not really.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 07:31:35 PM by faelaenx »
i can only please one person a day. Today is NOT your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either...

Offline creepster

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 11, 2010, 07:31:04 PM »
  Do they have to be signed artists or can we suggest anybody?

music suggestions for DG specifically have to be non-RIAA affiliated artist, otherwise they wont be played

music suggestions in general could be any band i suppose
(;

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 12, 2010, 03:56:39 AM »

it changed from "suggest-some-music" (which should be something new [you'd think]) to "i-already-listen-to-and-it-is-in-the-database-as-well-THUS-ALREADY-RUNNING-ON-DG"

Well you cant suggest anything if you never heard it before. So it always was 'I-already-listen-to-it-and-now-i-want-to-hear-it-on-DG'
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline creepster

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 12, 2010, 08:12:59 AM »

Well you cant suggest anything if you never heard it before. So it always was 'I-already-listen-to-it-and-now-i-want-to-hear-it-on-DG'

ok, for you picky person it should have been "i-already-listen-to-on DG-and-i-just-feel-the-urge-to-suggest-it-yet-AGAIN"

q;

anything