Author Topic: think i've heard this one on DG...  (Read 2890 times)

Offline Orfeo

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
think i've heard this one on DG...
« on: September 10, 2010, 06:53:58 AM »
... but having some difficulty tracking down the name and artist. it's a tune with a repeated 'robotic' female vocal, "virus detected, system infected" or something very like that. sticking 'virus detected' into google ain't much help, obviously... any clues?

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: think i've heard this one on DG...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 07:55:27 AM »
... but having some difficulty tracking down the name and artist. it's a tune with a repeated 'robotic' female vocal, "virus detected, system infected" or something very like that. sticking 'virus detected' into google ain't much help, obviously... any clues?

X-Rx has a song called 'Virus Infect' with a robotic female voice going 'you are infected, virus detected' over and over again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1bV5aZD1qM

However, I dont think X-Rx is in the database. Couldnt find it anyways.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline faelaenx

• part time cosmological avatar and possible high functioning sociopath
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
  • R.eality I.s P.erception
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 01:21:57 PM »

X-Rx has a song called 'Virus Infect' with a robotic female voice going 'you are infected, virus detected' over and over again.

i wouldn't call her robotic, but damn good tune, nonetheless...

And i was thinking IVardensphere's 'virus' for a hot second until i listened to this...fits the bill much better

And for some reason i swear i've seen X-RX on DG before, but also, i see them not on the database.

....Which brings me to an almost-but-not-quite-unrelated-issue...

Does anyone know if Shirow purges the DB occasionally (or you can answer Simon if you're reading this)? Because i am hellfire certain that i've heard songs on here that are no longer played. In fact, i have some that are saved on my 'wishlist' that are no longer in the DB. Oversight or intentional?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 01:48:22 PM by faelaenx »
i can only please one person a day. Today is NOT your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either...

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 03:18:49 PM »

And i was thinking IVardensphere's 'virus' for a hot second until i listened to this...fits the bill much better

And for some reason i swear i've seen X-RX on DG before, but also, i see them not on the database.

Does anyone know if Shirow purges the DB occasionally (or you can answer Simon if you're reading this)? Because i am hellfire certain that i've heard songs on here that are no longer played. In fact, i have some that are saved on my 'wishlist' that are no longer in the DB. Oversight or intentional?

Maybe, just maybe thinking of HexRx?

I once could have sworn Chrome by VNV Nation was on here, but I've never seen it in the DB. I chalk it up to gremlins.
Men have become the tools of their tools.
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 07:01:49 AM »

Yeah, there is HexRx in the database, even though thats a completely unrelated thing I think.
But actually, I think that we had X-Rx for a while the database as well. Im pretty sure Ive seen some stuff from 'Stage 2' come by.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitalgunfire.com
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 09:20:32 PM »
Search for 'rx'
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 05:12:01 AM »
I see. Thanks. Perhaps you can put them as well under the category '#' in the database. Otherwise they would be unfindable.

And, thats stage 2, but this song isnt from stage 2.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline Orfeo

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 02:07:06 PM »
cheers guys, yeah, it's the X-RX tune. excellent knowledge. funnily enough, I was looking for it as a companion to the ivardensphere...
might not have been DG, could possibly have been a certain london club that always plays a DJ set that's all archetypal DG material...
anyway that's my fellow tube passengers annoyed in a fresh way for at least a week.

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitalgunfire.com
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 05:38:36 PM »
Good call,
I see. Thanks. Perhaps you can put them as well under the category '#' in the database. Otherwise they would be unfindable.

And, thats stage 2, but this song isnt from stage 2.

Good call, I will fix it.
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 06:11:54 AM »
cheers guys, yeah, it's the X-RX tune. excellent knowledge. funnily enough, I was looking for it as a companion to the ivardensphere...
might not have been DG, could possibly have been a certain london club that always plays a DJ set that's all archetypal DG material...
anyway that's my fellow tube passengers annoyed in a fresh way for at least a week.
Yeah its getting kinda funny. When I go to a club I pretty much know most of the music after the first 5 seconds or something.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred