Author Topic: Trance, Psytrance  (Read 12837 times)

RNC

Trance, Psytrance
« on: October 14, 2010, 09:17:59 PM »
i listen to a lot of trance music. more than i listen to industrial or ebm or digital gunfire type stuff. i'm a big fan of infected mushroom and i listen to a lot of trance music on various stations from di.fm and other internet sources. any fellow trance fans out there?

Offline veagan12345

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Trance, Psytrance
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 12:45:10 PM »
yeah, there is a big psytrance scene here in south africa (cape town)
also check out www.ektoplazm.com if you haven't (free and legal psy downloads)
i like the darkpsy and goa sounds a lot.

Offline billiskye92

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 08:00:07 AM »
I love trance music, but there is not really that many places I can go to enjoy it that often
=( they have "goth" < freaking goth night or industrial night its kinda suck.

Offline Hunter J7

• alias. Nexus 6
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
  • Bailout Check
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 02:05:04 PM »
Trance stuff is cool.
It was a scene I got into good in the summer of 2001 at Liquid Ice in St. John's Newfoundland.
It was like a whole simalar yet different trip from where I came from in the days of early industrial.
From hard beat to smooth rythm.  I found out that pretty much anything by a gatecrasher compolation was fukin sick.  But now I'm checking out this new generation of industrial that makes the list.  
Different from before but pretty damn cool.  Like when I get stuck on a beat.  I'm all ears to it.  
I still have this feeling that there are some trance influences mixed in with industrial influences on some of the cuts I've heard on DG
For me.  As long as it aint mainstreem on the top 4000 million.  I will listen to it, providing its cool alternative.
Stay with the beat.
HunterJ7
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 12:52:10 PM by Hunter J7 »
NOW I HAVE TO RUN BEFORE THE STORM,  I'LL  FIND MY OWN WAY.

Offline Hunter J7

• alias. Nexus 6
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
  • Bailout Check
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 01:00:20 PM »
yeah, there is a big psytrance scene here in south africa (cape town)
also check out www.ektoplazm.com if you haven't (free and legal psy downloads)
i like the darkpsy and goa sounds a lot.

Hey Veagan.
Ya I was working with South African okes off the Smit Orca on a well abandonment project outside of the Congo.  I was made well aware of the cool scene down in Capetown.  It was good to see other oil field divers that were well educated to the other cool sounds of the world.  I wish I made it down to Capetown. But only got as far as Jburg.  Next time Cape Town for sure.
HunterJ7

Offline Ana

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
    • cro-industrial
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 12:17:32 AM »
I'm not much into it, but I like to listen to some darkpsy and goa and to go to some parties of that kind. It can be very interesting and some industrial bands like Psyborg Corp or Ext!ze mix trance and industrial, some do it with rave... I like that, it's great for the dancefloor.

Offline Headhunter

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 04:16:06 AM »
I wonder if you'd like Cervello Elettronico (can be found in the DG Database). To me it sounds like a blend of EBM and Trance in some of his songs.

Offline kmfdm1308

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
    • Ars Technica
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 09:39:21 PM »
Infected Mushroom - Smashing the Opponent

A must listen. Awesome.

Offline Hunter J7

• alias. Nexus 6
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
  • Bailout Check
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 10:45:23 AM »
Trance and Psytrance.  
With roots going way back into industrial and then doing a cool trance phase at the turn of the century which as I just read have already mentioned before in this forum.  Like Ana said in February.  The artists that do a combination of both can be very creative.  
I have noticed it often in this new generation of industrial music I am discovering through
Digital Gunfire.  
Personally.  I think the 2 sounds can mix very well together.  
As well;   Each element with its own signature can be so damn good.  
Good Industrial and good Trance.  They are both way up in my bar level of what good music is.  Yet a combination of both can be fantastic in what is unique to what is good.  
However.  Industrial music,  is still where my favorite sound does come from and will forever be.  
Good classical Industrial.  Hail, the beat stay strong.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 10:49:09 AM by Hunter J7 »

Offline xeno

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 03:35:22 AM »
Been on the trance wagon as long as I've been on the industrial wagon (that is, since the early nineties), but to a lesser degree than industrial...

I guess part of the reason that I haven't gotten more into trance is that I've totally failed at actually finding the trance I want... close to 20 years now, and I'm still getting almost all my trance through the mainstream compilations (which gets quite stale after a while). I suspect it's because there's a mismatch between what I like and what people who has trance as their main interest likes...  (which seems to be chillout,goa,psy - and mostly incarnations of those that I don't really like that much).

The closest thing I've found to examplify the kind of trance I like is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofr5jcl1Vnc

I guess this is more on the epic/dutch side of the the trance landscape, so I guess I'm gonna
be targeted by the trance inquisition now, but meh...

So, any suggestions to review sites, new release listings or anything where stuff like that pops
up?

Offline Hunter J7

• alias. Nexus 6
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
  • Bailout Check
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 08:29:28 AM »
Been on the trance wagon as long as I've been on the industrial wagon (that is, since the early nineties), but to a lesser degree than industrial...

I guess part of the reason that I haven't gotten more into trance is that I've totally failed at actually finding the trance I want... close to 20 years now, and I'm still getting almost all my trance through the mainstream compilations (which gets quite stale after a while). I suspect it's because there's a mismatch between what I like and what people who has trance as their main interest likes...  (which seems to be chillout,goa,psy - and mostly incarnations of those that I don't really like that much).

I guess this is more on the epic/dutch side of the the trance landscape, so I guess I'm gonna

So, any suggestions to review sites, new release listings or anything where stuff like that pops
up?

Gate Crasher compilations always seemed to be satisfying for me when I was into the trance thing on a more regular basis before I was told about Digital Gunfire.  But they are not new releases unless it has been putting out more compilations I have not come accross.  But then I have not really been looking either.  All I know is that the ones I did get were good.  British.

Offline Hunter J7

• alias. Nexus 6
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
  • Bailout Check
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 06:43:30 PM »

I guess part of the reason that I haven't gotten more into trance is that I've totally failed at actually finding the trance I want... close to 20 years now, and I'm still getting almost all my trance through the mainstream compilations (which gets quite stale after a while). I suspect it's because there's a mismatch between what I like and what people who has trance as their main interest likes...  (which seems to be chillout,goa,psy - and mostly incarnations of those that I don't really like that much).

up?

Uh hey Xeno.  I should of mentioned this before.  Yet if you have not heard about it.  Proton Radio which is the first streaming digital station I listened to before I knew about DG.  Anyways.  You will certainly hear the kind of tracks your talking about on that station.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 07:55:42 AM by Hunter J7 »

Offline Page

• Cybernetic Grunt
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cdpage.deviantart.com
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 09:58:14 AM »
I've been listening a lot to PsyChill and the like a lot lately.

Infected mushroom is a top listen too.

though right now, Shpongle and Buddah Bar stuff is what i listen most right now. Kmotiv also, who interestingly enough i discovered here. He's started up a new group now called Count Your Curses. Possibly another band that could get a couple tracks here?... might not be edge enough, but then some tracks here are always that heavy so... maybe?

Eh Shirow, Check him out.
Zombie B-boy, might work here?

http://countyourcurses.bandcamp.com/

@RNC you may like Kmotiv stuff

http://kmotiv.bandcamp.com/album/the-abstraction-agenda

anything