Author Topic: unable to connect to 128k stream  (Read 4939 times)

Offline zakor

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
unable to connect to 128k stream
« on: October 16, 2011, 09:24:36 AM »
as title says, im unable to connect with winamp or itunes or Windows media player as of today but last night it was working fine and this afternoon when i try it didnt work so i delete the file redownload a new one and tried to play (worked befor with winamp over a month ago when it wouldnt play) but still nothing... atleast the flash player is working so i can get my fix for now, if any one has a solution or if this is a known problem please tell me.

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitalgunfire.com
Re: unable to connect to 128k stream
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 10:05:10 AM »
I'm working on it, just got back from a business trip

Looks like everything is fine.. not sure what to tell you without an error
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline zakor

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 10:09:24 AM »
thank you for the reply. just an addition the error message i get in windows media player is as follows -

"Windows media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might not point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted."

but befor i upgraded to win 7 i used to always delete the old file i downloaded to stream (both WMp and Winamp) and download a new file and it would work, so just to conferm this is server side and not client side problems?

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 10:13:14 AM »
The WinAMP playlist file is working fine for me, just tested it

If you're using WinAMP, press CTRL+L and put radio1-se.digitalgunfire.com:8000 in the field, see if you can connect that way
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline zakor

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 10:18:35 AM »
just tried a new file after readign your reply, also tried pressing ctrl+l and pasting "radio1-se.digitalgunfire.com:8000"  that did not work either.

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 10:38:50 AM »
Can you open http://radio1-se.digitalgunfire.com:8000 in a web browser?
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline zakor

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 10:56:29 AM »
no it gives me a "problem loading page"
- temporarly unavailable or busy

and it cant be the network or firewall cause no changes happened in the last 24 hours to change anythign since i last listened to DG, i can listen via flash though.

PS. when i try load in winamp all the 4 connections when tryign to connect changes to "timed out"
PPS. tryed to play URL (radio1-se.digitalgunfire.com:8000) in WMP and still gave me the "WMP cannot find the file.." nonsence.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:50:54 AM by zakor »

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 01:54:36 PM »
no it gives me a "problem loading page"
- temporarly unavailable or busy

and it cant be the network or firewall cause no changes happened in the last 24 hours to change anythign since i last listened to DG, i can listen via flash though.

PS. when i try load in winamp all the 4 connections when tryign to connect changes to "timed out"
PPS. tryed to play URL (radio1-se.digitalgunfire.com:8000) in WMP and still gave me the "WMP cannot find the file.." nonsence.

The flash player uses port 80. My guess is that something upstream of you whether it is your router or your provider is blocking port 8000.

You can test this by trying to connect to radio1-se.digitalgunfire.com:80 in WinAMP instead of :8000.
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline zakor

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 03:58:56 PM »
still not working, when i used network diagnostic tool it claimed that there was no problem with my system but "the device or resource (radio1-se.digitalgunfire.com) is not responding

PS. im with Virgin media and the internet is via the set top box (works like a router i guess) and should have all ports open or all nessesary ports.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 04:00:30 PM by zakor »

Offline zakor

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 07:24:43 PM »
i think it was just a temp problem as i couldnt listen to the stream nor open another website (www.anilinkz.com) but at this present time right now, both are up and working. big thanks to the tech crew!