Author Topic: Now Playing:  (Read 8776 times)

Offline Jib

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
Now Playing:
« on: April 10, 2006, 11:04:55 AM »
Shirow, is there some way you can make the Now Playing feature on the home page auto refresh?  I tend to camp on the home page looking at the cover art.

Offline Jib

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
Now Playing:
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 11:09:35 AM »
Oh never mind.  It seems I can just camp on the song history page.  That reloads the page after every song.

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitalgunfire.com
Now Playing:
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 06:41:01 PM »
Yeah, it reloads every few minutes. I'm reluctant to make the homepage reload as it would be annoying if you're reading the news or whatever.

I could make a popup 'info window' that auto refreshed though, if that would be helpful. I'm glad someone likes the cover art feature, cuz it's a real pain in the ass to keep it up to date =p
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitalgunfire.com
Now Playing:
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 01:04:39 PM »
I've added the popup feature with auto-refresh, let me know what you think.
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline EvilCouch

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Worlds Worst WebComic
Now Playing:
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 04:38:18 PM »
neat

Offline Jib

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
Now Playing:
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 08:39:16 AM »
Thanks.  It works nicely.  Sorry it took so long to reply, I have been on my honeymoon.  When I got home there was a DG shirt waiting for me.  Thanks.

Offline Brojo

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
Now Playing:
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 10:40:58 PM »
Is it just my connection, or are the same 15 seconds of SITD's Plastination City stuck on a broadcast loop? I think it's been doing that for three hours now... every time I check whats playing, it's just the same 15 second fragment of SITD... any ideas?
here is nothing like exercising your right to feel alive!

-John Martens
aka "Brother John"

Offline rskm1

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
Now Playing:
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 03:55:44 PM »
Quote from: "Brojo"
Is it just my connection, or are the same 15 seconds of SITD's Plastination City stuck on a broadcast loop? I think it's been doing that for three hours now... every time I check whats playing, it's just the same 15 second fragment of SITD... any ideas?

I'm not an expert in this area, but back when I was using WinAmp and some plugin (Nitrane?) to handle the streaming, if I started up WinAmp and just clicked <Play> rather than visiting the URL, WinAmp would just play the CACHE/BUFFER that Nitrane had previously accumulated, over and over again.

If I visited the link to the stream, THAT would invoke a new instance of the Nitrane plugin and buffer whatever was currently playing, like it's supposed to work.

So my question is, HOW exactly are you invoking the player, and which player are you using?

Offline Brojo

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
Now Playing:
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 01:50:31 AM »
I use good ol' Winamp, and I think I tried everything, even the web-based player and it did the same thing to me... it finally worked when I tried again at about 5 am yesterday (i was working the night shift)
here is nothing like exercising your right to feel alive!

-John Martens
aka "Brother John"

Offline koggen

• Bandwidth Donator
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Digital Gunfire
Now Playing:
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 12:17:11 PM »
Usually happens with winamp when the stream is down for some reason. The winamp buffer will typically contain the last 10 - 15 seconds of data, and will play that we you try to listen to the stream. If you only have the DG stream in the play list and you have winamp configured to repeat the list you'll get this effect since winamp will detect the broken stream and move on to the next item on the playlist, thus looping over and over again.