Author Topic: review applet messed up?  (Read 2988 times)

Offline creepster

• Don't Take It Personally
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
  • mess with the best - die like the rest
    • View Profile
review applet messed up?
« on: July 22, 2007, 07:24:40 PM »
whenever i type in a review in the applet box, it keeps messing up the keyboard settings or recognition

at first i thought i was going crazy and my cat previously sleeping on the keyboard might have changed the setting, but by now i can say following:
your review applet changes the recognition of typed keys from german to american

im scrambling to remember swapping z and y, but it also get's more bothering to remember special characters

any way to change it ?

cheers
Theory is when you know everything and nothing works.
Practice is when things work, and no one knows why.
Here we combine theory and practice.
Nothing works and no one knows why.

modified, taken from bash.org

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitalgunfire.com
Re: review applet messed up?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 06:39:09 AM »
whenever i type in a review in the applet box, it keeps messing up the keyboard settings or recognition

at first i thought i was going crazy and my cat previously sleeping on the keyboard might have changed the setting, but by now i can say following:
your review applet changes the recognition of typed keys from german to american

im scrambling to remember swapping z and y, but it also get's more bothering to remember special characters

any way to change it ?

cheers

really? that is truly bizarre.. it's nothing but a form entry box, should be no different than typing on a forum! I'll do some googling.. because I have no idea how it can be doing that..
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline EvilCouch

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Worlds Worst WebComic
Re: review applet messed up?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 08:18:45 PM »

any way to change it ?

cheers
You and your crazy Germanlander keyboard.