Author Topic: Velvet Acid Christ  (Read 5614 times)

Offline koggen

• Bandwidth Donator
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Digital Gunfire
Velvet Acid Christ
« on: October 16, 2007, 01:49:04 PM »
What's up with Velvet Acid Christ? Do they only have one real song, and infinite mixes? Or how do they create that unmistakable sound of theirs? I really like it though! =)

There aren't any reviews of the albums on the play list, but what would be a good first-album buy?

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitalgunfire.com
Re: Velvet Acid Christ
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 02:41:29 PM »
Man, I haven't bought a VAC album in a long time. I think they just released a few compilations, that might be a good place to start.
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline koggen

• Bandwidth Donator
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Digital Gunfire
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 03:40:38 PM »
OK, thanks.

Offline faelaenx

• part time cosmological avatar and possible high functioning sociopath
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
  • R.eality I.s P.erception
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 09:55:16 PM »
Bryan has been going through a lot of shite this past year. really rough times. anyway if you need an intro, try 'calling ov the dead' or 'twisted thought generator'. i'm still breaking in 'lust for blood' so i've no opinion yet, but then again i love VAC anyway.
i can only please one person a day. Today is NOT your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either...

Offline koggen

• Bandwidth Donator
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Digital Gunfire
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 05:53:17 AM »
Thanks faelanx!

Offline senastra

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 05:22:28 PM »
I believe that he has bipolar and that has been a source of many of his problems - and indeed his creativity....its a fine line... I hope it comes out the other side of it all ok. I myself have Bipolar disorder (Americans call it Manic-Depression still i believe) and i can relate to what hes going through. For an insight into the mind that is VAC try adding the group as a friend on Vampire Freaks, he puts out quite a few journals.http://vampirefreaks.com/Velvet-Acid-Christ
"Sometimes i believe that this less material life is our truer life, and that our vain presence on the terraqueous globe is itself the secondary or merely virtual phenomenon." -HP Lovecraft

Offline faelaenx

• part time cosmological avatar and possible high functioning sociopath
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
  • R.eality I.s P.erception
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 11:41:41 PM »
yeah, Senastra, i'd tend to agree. i like the video journals he used to do on myspace, does he do them on Vampfreaks? i've thought about joining it, but got turned off by all the minors' gloss and flam. And yes it's recognized as Bipolar here, i've seen enough of it (manic depression is such an horrible misnomer anyway, most people can't gestate what it means). Weird side note: Bryan's speaking voice, when recorded sounds exactly like mine. The first time i heard it, it freaked me the hell out.
i can only please one person a day. Today is NOT your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either...

Offline Cenobite

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 10:25:51 PM »
VAC has a wide variety of songs ranging from harsh electronica to mellow, trance-like riffs.  So, no, not all VAC songs sounds similar to me.

As to which album you might want to buy, it mostly depends on your taste in electronic music:  harsh or mellow?  If you prefer harsh electronica, I would suggest a lot of the old albums such as Between the Eyes volumes 1 and 4, and Hex Angel (Utopia-Dystopia).  Or, if you prefer the more mellow stuff, check out VAC's newest album:  Lust for Blood.  Regardless, Fun with Knives is a great album that blends both of these styles together, so you really can't go wrong with that album.

Good luck in your search for all the great VAC songs (there are a lot of them) !

Offline synthetic_creature

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 05:58:17 PM »
id say vac peaked @ the 'Fun With Knives' cd. and thats a good place to start.

that has the greatest songs imo including ''fun with drugs''!! :D and there is no god.... the dark inside me.. awesome stuff. 

twisted thought generator is good too in similar ways to fwk being kinda dance approachable, but nothing quite had the hooks of the songs on the fun with knives cd for me.. except maybe the bound and gagged remix of dial8 (which was a great albeit massively overplayed club hit, at least here)

calling ov the dead is good too.. a bit harsher there not quite as catchy. production not nearly as nice either tho..  but timeless visions has a great vocal line.  as for any of the recent cds, nothing has caught much of my attention. i think there are 2 newer releases post twisted thought generator but it has gone into a more downtempo experimental like sound as i remember.

fun with knives ftw

anything