Author Topic: Your next concert.  (Read 59678 times)

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Your next concert.
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2010, 12:53:16 PM »
I did end up going to the Apoptygma Berzerk / Dismantled show last night. I actually thought Dismantled put on a pretty good show themselves. I liked their live music much better than recorded.

Apop wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed the show. I didn't think the live instruments overpowered the music, and most of the songs were recognizable throughout. They actually had a keyboardist, which I was under the impression they'd be without, and usually there was a strong electronic influence in what they were playing. But there were times when it seemed more like an alternative rock concert than synthpop.

I'd pay money to see them again, but I totally understand the criticism Creepster and Berger Stahl had for their live show. It was different from their albums for sure.
Men have become the tools of their tools.
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline creepster

• Don't Take It Personally
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
  • mess with the best - die like the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2010, 01:32:14 PM »
I did end up going to the Apoptygma Berzerk / Dismantled show last night. I actually thought Dismantled put on a pretty good show themselves. I liked their live music much better than recorded.

Apop wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed the show. I didn't think the live instruments overpowered the music, and most of the songs were recognizable throughout. They actually had a keyboardist, which I was under the impression they'd be without, and usually there was a strong electronic influence in what they were playing. But there were times when it seemed more like an alternative rock concert than synthpop.

I'd pay money to see them again, but I totally understand the criticism Creepster and Berger Stahl had for their live show. It was different from their albums for sure.
glad you enjoyed it and didn't give into peer pressure
q;
Theory is when you know everything and nothing works.
Practice is when things work, and no one knows why.
Here we combine theory and practice.
Nothing works and no one knows why.

modified, taken from bash.org

Offline Phyr3Ph0x

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2010, 09:30:07 PM »
Anyone on here going to Infest in Bradford next weekend (27/08/10)?
Should be a good one...
Project Pitchfork, Rottersand, Ayria, Nachtmahr, {X}-RX, Aganoize...  The list goes on!
Can't wait :-)

Offline xeno

• Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 21, 2010, 08:02:03 AM »

Heh, I've saw the promo of their upcoming live dvd, and it looked a bit more electronic than I expected...

I saw Apoptygma back in 1998 or so, when they were still an EBM band, and that was really something - think it's the best industrial'ish concert I've ever been to.

They had a live guitarist even then - but I think it fitted the songs really well...

(sample)

Offline FashionistState

• Digital Grunt
  • Alex Kitty will hurt you! =3
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2010, 04:53:38 AM »
Erm...Heaven 17, next month. xD

"A common enemy makes the best of friends...somehow the means justifies the end"

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2010, 03:59:07 PM »
I might go to Mensch Defekt and Uberbyte on 3 september. Im not sure yet though.
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline eEL

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
    • dARkBRAiN design & illustration
« Reply #156 on: August 23, 2010, 08:49:28 AM »
my gf and EyE willl be hittting this for obvious reasons ::

we'lll be at the Philly show definitely and trying to figure out babysittting options for the DC and/or NYC shows. i hope to gawd DOWNLOAD plays some old pre-'Effector' trakks. should be a fun time!! :)

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2010, 04:15:21 AM »
Yeah its set, going to see Uberbyte and Menschdefekt. Yaay
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2010, 05:40:54 PM »
Well I just got back from Uberbyte and it was great! First started with free cds for everyone (I got the one my friend got), then there was Menschdefekt which was pretty good. And then Uberbyte! They where awesome.

Also bought all their cds and the Burn Process cd from Tactical Sekt. Another 2 band cd collections complete.

Oh yeah, did I mention I wore my DG shirt? No response on it though.

I might go to Infacted Festival 2010. If I understand the flyer correctly they are going to play in Tilburg which is doable for me. Also, Reaper comes and I must see Reaper!
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline Salah

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2010, 12:12:56 AM »
Nothing really to go see until Combichrist in Atlanta on Nov. 24

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2010, 03:37:54 AM »
Confirmed, I now has tickets for Infacted festival! Yaaay, gonna see Reaper and Soman live!
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

Offline diseased

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2010, 03:29:17 AM »
should be buying my Tix for Alien Sex Fiend in London at the end of this week. Although I have been a fan for almost 25 years I have never managed to see them before. Kind of excited but a bit nervous as there is always a chance they will be old has beens. I really hope not.

Aiming to get to Rotersand in December as well and that will likely be it for the year.

Offline Aaawhyme

• Digital Grunt
  • I'm hungry.
    • View Profile
    • Aaawhyme
« Reply #162 on: September 29, 2010, 10:24:44 PM »
My first concert ever was the Backstreet boys, waaay when they were big and I was in grade 2...

NOW I AM GOING TO MY NEXT CONCERT.
A band called Klaxons. They are teh awesome 8D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:50:10 PM by Aaawhyme »
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.

Offline DJ Wolf

• Digital Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2010, 09:37:56 PM »
Shame Heaven 17 havent toured down here. Did get to see Gary Numan a few months ago and then Spandau Ballet and Tears for Fears ( yes I started life as an 80's electro DJ) but the next gig should be CombiChrist on Dec 2.... In a small basement in the seedier side of town... Where else?

Wolf

Offline Lexus

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 10, 2010, 06:15:57 AM »
K, Ive seen Reaper live. My life is now complete and I can die in peace. Wait, whats that? Reaper is supposed to be releasing a new cd somewhere in the end of 2010? Tactical Sekt is also supposedly working on a new album? Nachtmahr is gonna release something new in November? Mass Effect 3 is in the make? Okay, screw dying peacefully, I want that stuff first!
My armor is contempt
My shield is disgust
My sword is hatred

anything