Author Topic: How to connect to the 192Kbps stream  (Read 48397 times)

Offline faelaenx

• part time cosmological avatar and possible high functioning sociopath
  • SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Dragoon
  • R.eality I.s P.erception
    • View Profile
Re: How to connect to the 192Kbps stream
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2010, 08:10:22 PM »
Works fine now at home +)
Tho i don't know why i bother with it at work, it's tower speakers after all....sigh
But i s'pose it's the principle and all that.
Thanks for taking away from bar time Shirow, though you should never, ever have to do that!
If it's any consolation all the office personnel that come over to me receiving desk tend to ask me what i am playing. Well half anyway... the rest scurry or scamper away looking sidelong at me, lol.

Whilst i am converting this warehouse over i intend to hook up a few respectable speakers to the system so i can hear DG properly. At the very least for background support in the language of music. So i'm hoping the better sound will ring true, however i have no illusions that such a wide open space will ultimately dilute the sonic experience. To lapse into blue collar.., i bust my fuckin ass, physically and mentally (especially dealing with temps) everyday, yet i kinda love it, because i thrive in this element and shine. Meh, i know it's probably not much in the eyes of others, but once again, am i not bothered. Not really. Especially when the office personnel i deal with everyday make me wonder how they ever made it through college, much less a few decades of life. Sigh, oh well. Not everyone is as such. But it remains that i get to stream DG all day at work at me PC and none can touch. They are forced to hear the sonic melodies (though i keep it low-tuned, background even, respectful, when others - especially potential clients - are around).

Surely i am blessed in a sad pathetic, blue-collar, forced-to-live-in-a-trailer, some-day-find-a-way-out-but-not-really, sort of way.
How's that for sarcasm, smarminess, and satire?

i can only please one person a day. Today is NOT your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either...

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitalgunfire.com
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2010, 08:12:21 PM »
Well.. I'm glad you like DG! :)
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline Zombosis

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2010, 11:02:10 AM »
Never did get WMP to open the stream. I went and tracked down an old DL of WinAmp 2.95, that's working smoothly enough so far.

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2010, 11:26:44 AM »
Does WMP work for you on the 128k stream? Curious to know where the issue lies.. nobody has complained before but it is perfectly possible nobody else uses WMP. It worked when I tested it a long time ago.. I'll have to find a machine with WMP on and try it again :)

Edit: Just tried it in WMP9 on my work PC (don't know why I didn't think of that before..) and it worked OK - prompted me for my username/pass and then connected.
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline aphxero

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2011, 03:16:53 AM »
Had a few issues with the 192 stream on windows media player link. It asks for my login so I give it and nothing.

Itunes link works fine opened in the same windows media player. I'm using win7 btw. Wierd but not an issue. Just saying.

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2011, 06:44:47 AM »
Bleh, WMP and the auth system has always been a bit of a pain.
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline ImperatorFeles

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2011, 10:50:34 PM »
Hey, I've been having trouble connecting to the subscriber stream through iTunes recently. Whenever I try to play the stream, it comes up with the authentication window, and I enter my username and password. After hitting ok though, 2 seconds later the same window will pop up asking for my username and password again. It used to work fine too, and it suddenly started doing this.

I also tried playing the stream on Windows Media Player, but that tells me that it can't play the file. Specifically the message is "Window Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might now have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct."

I'm using Windows 7 if that's any use at all as well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline Drewthetexan

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Binary Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2011, 11:31:59 PM »
I've found that I can get the itunes stream to play through the media player with windows 7, but not the windows media player stream. You might try that.
Men have become the tools of their tools.
-Henry David Thoreau

Spam Hunting

Offline ImperatorFeles

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2011, 12:46:26 AM »
I gave that a shot, it asked for my username and password twice before it came up with the same error I got before.

Offline hellraizr

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2011, 06:56:28 AM »
Don´t know if it is going to be of any help but as far as i have ever come across such problems CC Cleaner was a great help (at least sometimes) - i am running a pretty low system at home so it´s always a good idea to keep the system running smoothly.

Offline ImperatorFeles

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2011, 12:25:40 PM »
Well I gave running CCeaner a shot anyway, but it didn't help with the problem.

Offline Jib

• SUBSCRIBER
  • Cybernetic Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2011, 08:57:50 AM »
When it starts asking me my name\password I found the best thing to do is come back to this site and make sure I am logged in then download another link from the main page.

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2011, 05:47:35 PM »
Yep, you should not be prompted if you use the links on the front page. Is that how you are trying to connect?
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

Offline ImperatorFeles

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2011, 11:28:13 PM »
Well I'm connecting by downloading the file linked on the front page and opening them with iTunes or WMP depending on which file I downloaded.

Offline Shirow

• Administrator
  • Electronic Colossus
  • Yup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2011, 05:16:17 AM »
Well I'm connecting by downloading the file linked on the front page and opening them with iTunes or WMP depending on which file I downloaded.

OK. So you download the file and it prompts you for your username/password anyway. Then, if you enter your username/pass, it rejects it and asks again?

Do you have any weird characters in your password like %?
Simon "Shirow" Westlake
- www.digitalgunfire.com

anything