Author Topic: Question about Portland, Oregon  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Kolobos

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
Question about Portland, Oregon
« on: June 29, 2009, 03:12:16 PM »
When I first got into industrial music I used to chat with a good dozen rivetheads living out in Portland, Oregon. Fast forward 9 years and I'm heading out to live out in Portland. Does anyone know if there's any sort of actual industrial scene (clubs and such) out there? I'm having lousy luck searching on the net so I figured I might try my luck here. Last few times I "found" a type of industrial event out near me it was nothing but watered down Hot Topic goths blasting Nine Inch Nails and junk. Thanks ahead to anyone that can point me in the right direction whether there's something good out there or just to stay at home and avoid the poser crowd.

Offline aphxero

• Digital Dragoon
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Portland, Oregon
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 10:29:56 PM »
I've lived in portland for a little over a year now and no there's not much. I mean there is but it's not apparent. There's an awesme EBM/industrial/80s dj (tibin) that plays on mondays at the arcade (ground kontrol) downtown. Dante's is the popular club that doesn't suck so much. There's goths here for the most part.

It's really interesting though in that you can't really peg some people here. They will surprise you sometimes. There seems to be a larger than normal segment of people who you just can't pin down. This is an interesting place I haven't found any legitimate industrial/whatever nights in town but I also haven't been looking.

Seattle has better indus scene (I used to live there) for sure and it's only 3 hrs away.

Offline osteomy

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 02:48:03 PM »
Shadowplay at The Fez Ballroom on thursdays is ok.
Inhumanitas omni aetate. Nemo sine vitio est. Omnes fuit.

Offline Grazi

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digitaldak.com
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 10:56:40 PM »
Kender could probably tell you more of what your looking for as well... He and Innowin know about most things going on in Portland, so hit them up on the IRC channel (look at the top of the website and use the "Chat" button) and you can probably get any info you want.

Offline osteomy

• Digital Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 04:07:35 PM »
or you could go to bossanova saturdays.  ground kontrol sucks. there are more goths than pure industrialists
Inhumanitas omni aetate. Nemo sine vitio est. Omnes fuit.